The Border Focal Point Network (BFPN) announces the next edition of the «Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debate» series. This engaging series of online events aims to gather policymakers, stakeholders, and citizens to discuss how cross-border disaster, risk, and crisis management can build resilience within the European Union.
The EC next ‘Beyond Borders: Breakfast Debate’ titled ‘How can cross-border risk & crisis management enhance EU resilience?’, coming up online on Thursday 15th February 2024 from 10:00 to 11:00 CET. Register HERE
This debate aims to provide updated information on the main tools and good practices for cross-border cooperation in managing both natural and human disasters. By shedding light on the gaps affecting cross-border territories in their risk management capabilities, the debate will offer suggestions for addressing these challenges at local, regional, national, and European levels.
Engage with a panel of experts and policymakers discussing:
- Innovative strategies for cross-border disaster risk management.
- Enhancing legal and governance frameworks for crisis management
- Key findings of the DG REGIO report on EU border resilience.
The debate will feature an esteemed panel, including the following speakers:
- Simona Pohlova, Deputy Head of Unit for Interreg, Cross-border Cooperation, Internal Borders (Unit D.2. DG Regio).
- Birgit Snoeren, Policy Officer, DG ECHO, European Commission.
- Ruslan Zhechkov, Principal Consultant, representative of the company Technopolis authoring, Strengthening the Resilience of EU Border Regions: Mapping Risks and Crisis Management Tools and Identifying Gaps.
- Marian Ramekers-van Kuijk, Programme Director at EMRIC.
This 16th session will delve into the DG REGIO’s latest report, ‘Strengthening the Resilience of EU Border Regions: Mapping Risks and Crisis Management Tools and Identifying Gaps’. This pivotal report, scheduled for publication in February 2024, provides a comprehensive inventory of potential risks along EU borders and identifies existing tools for their prevention and management.
Your voices, your future
Futurium is a platform dedicated to Europeans discussing EU policies. Follow the Border Focal Point Network initiatives on https://futurium.ec.europa.eu/en/border-focal-point-network